Click here for a complete listing of the Railroading Merit Badge. The information below will help you meet requirements 1 and 2. Words underlined in blue are links to pages that will help you complete that item.
- Do two of the following:
- Name the scale and track gauge for four model railroad gauges. Show the correct way to clean and lubricate model trainequipment.
- Draw to scale the layout of your own model railroad or one that could be built in your home. Have point-to-point or loop with different routings. Include a turnaround, a terminal, or a yard and a siding.
- Alone or with others, build a model railroad layout to include ballast and scenery. Make connections from the power supply to the track and accessories, if any.
- Build a scale model of a locomotive (with or without power) or make two cars (Kits with extra detail may be used.)
- Draw scale plans and build two accessories.
- Do the following: